(1) Rafael Nadal vs. (6) Nicolas Almagro: Nadal in 2. Nadal is 24-2 lifetime in total sets against Almagro (10-0 overall).
Santiago Giraldo vs. (10) Philipp Kohlschreiber: Kohlschreiber in 3. Giraldo saved multiple match points against Dominic Thiem on Thursday while Kohlschreiber cruised.
(12) Marin Cilic vs. (4) Nei Nishikori: Nishikori in 3. Cilic is coming off a three-set marathon against Tommy Robredo and clay may give Nishikori an additional edge.
(9) Ernests Gulbis vs. Teymuraz Gabashvili: Gabashvili in 3. Gabashvili is red hot and clay will help him handle Gulbis’ power.
(1) Grigor Dimitrov vs. Sergiy Stakhovsky: Dimitrov in 2. Only if Dimitrov comes out uninterested will this be competitive.
(3) Gael Monfils vs. (Q) Paul-Henri Mathieu: Monfils in 2. The discrepancy in talent between these two Frenchmen is too great.
Lukas Rosol vs. (4) Gilles Simon: Rosol in 3. The defending champion is in better form than Simon and also more comfortable on clay.
Denis Istomin vs. Robin Haase: Haase in 2. This is one of the tournaments that just feels like it’s waiting to be won by a player like Haase.